The Cisco Unified Intelligence Center 11.6 for End Users (CUIC11.6EU v1.1) course is a two-day instructor-led training (ILT) course. Cisco Unified Intelligence Center is a comprehensive, end-to-end reporting solution, designed to make the task of creating and modifying reports easier on the customer and, at the same time, to present a consistent user interface and a common tool to access varied data across multiple Cisco product families.
NOTE: If CUIC11.6EU v1.1 is offered the same week, and at the same location, you can attend the CUIC11.6EU and the CUIC11.6AU for $4,495.00 giving you a $1,495.00 discount off the regular pricing for the individual classes. Cost for each individual class is below.
- CUIC11.6 EU - $2,995
- CUIC11.6AU - $2,995
Who should attend
The primary audiences for the course are as follows:
- Cisco customers – Contact Center Management, Contact Center Supervisors and Customer technical personnel
- Cisco technology partners
- Cisco employees
The knowledge and skills that a learner should have before attending this course are as follows:
- A working knowledge of Cisco Unified Contact Center Enterprise is desirable.
- A working knowledge of contact center operations is desirable.
Upon completing this course, the learner will be able to meet these overall objectives:
- Provide a comprehensive overview of Cisco Unified Intelligence Center
- Describe reporting concepts and capabilities and features of Cisco Unified Intelligence Center reports
- Provide a detailed description and labs of how to modify reports from normal data sources (Cisco Unified CCE and Cisco Unified CVP) by customizing reports using various methods. (i.e. creating thresholds, show/hide columns, charts and more)
Outline: Cisco Unified Intelligence Center 11.6 for End Users (CUIC11.6EU)
Module 1: Cisco Unified Intelligence Center Overview
- Lesson 1: Introducing Cisco Unified Intelligence Center
- Cisco Unified Intelligence Center Primary Goal
- Cisco Unified Intelligence Center Deployment Models
- High-Level Architecture
- Changes starting with CUIC 11.5
- Changes starting with CUIC 11.6
- Personalizing Reports – Permalinks, Views, Dashboards
- Operation, Administration, Maintenance, Provisioning
- Using Cisco Unified Intelligence Center
- Working with Stock Reports
- Cisco Finesse Desktop Gadget toolbar Improvements
- Lesson 2: What Contact Center products use CUIC for reporting?
Module 2: Cisco Unified Intelligence Center Administration and Security
- Lesson 1: The End User and CUIC Security
Module 3: Running and Modifying CUIC Reports
- Lesson 1: Running Cisco Unified Intelligence Center Reports
- Real-Time vs. Historical Reports
- Stock Reporting Templates: Unified CCE
- CCE Report “Bundles” (Realtime and Historical Transitional and All Fields
- Review: Cisco Unified Intelligence Center Deployed with Unified CCE
- Set Up Unified CCE as a Data Source
- Run a Unified CCE Stock Report
- Available Stock Reports: Unified CVP
- Review: Cisco Unified Intelligence Center Deployed with Cisco Unified CVP
- Unified CVP Stock Report output
- Lesson 2: Using Permalinks
- What Is a Permalink?
- What is Authenticate?
- Report Permalinks
- Dashboard Permalinks
- Lesson 3: Help
- Help for the CUIC product
- Help for a Report Template
- Lesson 4: Dashboards
- What is a Dashboard?
- Creating a new Dashboard
- How to create a Dashboard Permalink
- Lesson 5: Modifying a CUIC Stock Report
- Features and Benefits (what can I modify?)
- What is “Embedded” as opposed to “Standalone”?
- Enhancements for CUIC 11.0
- Enhancements for CUIC 11.6
- CUIC and Grouping
- How can a Report be modified?
- How Value Lists, Collections, Report Definitions, Views and Drilldowns affect a Report
- The “New Report Wizard”
[b]Module 4: Cisco Unified Intelligence Center Dashboards [/b] [list]
- Lesson 1: Understanding Cisco Unified CCE Key Concepts
- Characteristics of Unified CCE Data
- Why Report data can differ
- Importance of Configuration and Scripting
- Lesson 2: Creating a New Cisco Unified Intelligence Center Report
- Components of a Report
- Data Collections – High level
- Creating a New Report
- How to select a Report Definition
- Lab 2-1: End User Security in Cisco Unified Intelligence Center
- Lab 3-1: Running various Stock Reports
- Lab 3-2: Using Permalinks
- Lab 3-3: Help – What are the two types and examine both
- Lab 3-5: Modifying a Stock Report
- Lab 4-1: Creating a Custom Report