Cisco Stealthwatch Tuning (SWAT)
This course focuses on the tuning process in Cisco Stealthwatch Enterprise system, to gain visibility across your enterprise and detect actionable threats. This course covers all essential aspects of the tuning process, including tuning best practices, which will optimize the Stealthwatch System.
This course will help you:
- Understand how the system generates events and alarms.
- Configure policies and adjust system events and alarms.
- Understand the importance of hosts and host groups.
Who should attend
This course is intended for individuals who are responsible for tuning the Stealthwatch System, creating and maintaining policies, monitoring traffic, and obtaining and responding to actionable alarms.
All students should have completed the following (minimum) prerequisites.
- Cisco Stealthwatch for Security Operations
- Cisco Stealthwatch for Network Operations
- Create summary views of all alarms in the system.
- Explain how summary views can help prioritize the tuning strategy.
- Develop tuning recommendations based on security events and alarm summary.
- Identify workflows for tuning specific security events.
- Test tuning strategies and recommendations.
Outline: Cisco Stealthwatch Tuning (SWAT)
- Course Introduction
- Cisco Stealthwatch Tuning Course Overview
- The Purpose of Tuning
- Understanding Security Events and Alarms
- Defining Stealthwatch Policies
- Classify the System
- Lab: Classify Public and Private IP Addresses
- Lab: Trusted Internet Hosts
- Lab: Classify Undefined Services and Applications
- Quiet Noisy Hosts
- Lab: Classify Network Scanners with the SMC Web UI
- Lab: Reclassify IPs to Reduce Noise
- Day One Review
- Posture the System
- Lab: Edit Role Policy
- Host Locks and Custom Security Events
- Lab: Host Locks and Custom Security Events
- Response Management
- Tiered Alarms
- Lab: Create a Dashboard
- Culminating Scenario: Tuning
- Tuning Best Practices in Stealthwatch
- Cisco Stealthwatch Tuning Course Outcomes
- Course Conclusion
Duration 2 days
- Canada: CAD 3,900
- Cisco Learning Credits: 30 CLC
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. Enquire a date