FortiAnalyzer- NSE 5 (FORT-ANALYZER)
If you take an online format of this class, you must use a computer that has the following:
- A high-speed internet connection
- An up-to-date web browser
- A PDF viewer
One of the following:
- HTML 5 support or
- An up-to-date Java Runtime Environment (JRE) with Java Plugin enabled in your web browser
You should use a wired Ethernet connection, not a Wi-Fi connection. Firewalls, including Windows Firewall or FortiClient, must allow connections to the online labs.
In this one-day class, students will learn the fundamentals of using FortiAnalyzer for centralized logging and reporting. Students will learn how to configure and deploy FortiAnalyzer, and identify threats and attack patterns through logging, analysis, and reporting. Finally, students will examine some helpful troubleshooting techniques.
In interactive labs, students will explore administration and management; register devices for log collection with FortiAnalyzer; use FortiAnalyzer to centrally collect logs; perform a forensic analysis of logs based on simulated network attacks; create reports; and explore solutions to common misconfiguration issues.
This course is part of the preparation for the NSE 5 certification exam.
Who should attend
Anyone who is responsible for the day-to-day management of FortiAnalyzer devices and FortiGate security information.
- Familiarity with all topics presented in FortiGate Security and FortiGate Infrastructure
- Knowledge of SQL SELECT syntax is helpful
- FortiGate Infrastructure- NSE4 (FORT-INFRA)
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Describe key features and concepts of FortiAnalyzer
- Deploy an appropriate architecture
- Use administrative access controls
- Monitor administrative events and tasks
- Understand FortiAnalyzer
- Configure high availability
- Understand HA synchronization and load balancing
- Upgrade an HA cluster’s firmware
- Verify the normal operation of an HA cluster
- Manage ADOMs
- Configure RAID
- Register supported devices
- Troubleshoot communication issues
- Manage disk quota
- Manage registered devices
- Protect log information
- View and search logs
- Troubleshoot and manage logs
- Monitor events
- Generate and customize reports
- Customize charts and datasets
- Manage reports
- Troubleshoot reports [/list}
Outline: FortiAnalyzer- NSE 5 (FORT-ANALYZER)
- 1. Introduction and Initial Configuration
- 2. Administration and Management
- 3. Device Registration and Communication
- 4. Logging
- 5. Reports
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course.