This course is an introduction to the Microsoft Office 365 for Office 2013 in a cloud-based environment. Using Office 365, users can easily communicate with each other through Microsoft Outlook mail and Skype for Business instant messaging and online meetings. Additionally, the Microsoft SharePoint Team Site provides a central location for accessing and modifying shared documents. The Office Web Apps enable users to perform basic tasks, such as opening, editing, printing, and saving documents without requiring an installation of the full desktop version of Microsoft Office 2013 on the local computer.
Who should attend
This course is intended for business users and knowledge workers in a variety of roles and fields who have competence in a desktop-based installation of the Microsoft Office 2010 or 2013 edition of the Microsoft Office productivity suite, and who are now extending Microsoft Office to a collaborative cloud-based Office 365 environment.
To ensure success, students will need competence in at least one of the primary applications in the 2010 or 2013 edition of the Microsoft Office suite (Microsoft Word, Microsoft PowerPoint, and/or Microsoft Excel), and also competence in using the locally installed version of Microsoft Outlook 2010 or 2013 for email and calendaring.
In this course, students will be able to use their knowledge of the Office 2010 or 2013 desktop application suite to work productively in the cloud-based Microsoft Office 365 environment. After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Sign in to and navigate in the Office 365 environment.
- Create, edit, and share documents with team members using Office Web Apps and Microsoft SharePoint.
- Use email and manage contacts with the Outlook Web Apps.
- Use instant messaging and online meetings with Skype for Business.
- Set up your mobile devices to work with Office 365.
Outline: Microsoft Office 365: Web Apps and Collaboration for Office 2013 (91116)
Module 1: Getting Started
- Sign In to Office 365
- Explore the Office 365 Environment
- Connect Desktop Apps to Office 365
Module 2: Collaborating with Shared Files
- Work with Shared Documents on the Team Site
- Edit Documents in Web Apps and Office 2013 Apps
- Collaborate on the SharePoint Team Site
- Work with My Site
Module 3: Using the Outlook Web Apps
- Use the Email Web App
- Manage Contacts
- Use the Calendar Web App
- Personalize Your Outlook Web Apps
Module 4: Communicating with Skype for Business
- Use Instant Messaging
- Make Phone Calls with Skype for Business
- Participate in Skype for Business Meetings
Module 5: Interacting with Mobile Devices
- Use Office 365 on Your Windows 8 Tablet
- Access Office 365 Email with Your Smartphone
- Access Office 365 Documents from a Mobile Device