In this three-day course you will gain an in-depth understanding of the role and responsibilities of a Release Train Engineer (RTE) in the SAFe enterprise. You will learn how to facilitate and enable end-to-end value delivery through Agile Release Trains (ARTs) and value streams. You will also learn how to build a high-performing ART by becoming a servant leader and coach, and how to plan and execute a Program Increment (PI) planning event, the primary enabler of alignment throughout all levels of a SAFe organization. This course also prepares attendees for the SAFe Release Train Engineer (RTE) certification exam.
Who should attend
- Release Train Engineers (RTEs)
- Program and project managers
- Leaders and managers
- Scrum Masters
- Agile coaches
- SAFe Program Consultants (SPCs)
To fully benefit from this class, you should have at least one current SAFe Certification, and, launched or participated in at least one ART and one PI.
Additionally, although it is not mandatory, students who have completed the self-paced Fundamentals of DevOps eLearning course have found it very helpful when completing this course.
- Identify the effective RTE behaviors
- Prepare & Organize for a PI Planning
- Facilitate a PI Planning Team break outs and Plan review
- Facilitate Management Problem Solving
- Facilitate ART ROAM program risks
- Facilitate Confidence Vote enabling transparency
- Facilitate PI Planning across multiple locations, time zones and continents
- Effectively Execute Program Increment
- Fostering Relentless Improvement across the ART