The AWS Certified Developer - Associate examination is intended for individuals who perform a development role and have one or more years of hands-on experience developing and maintaining an AWS-based application.
Abilities Validated by the Certification
- Demonstrate an understanding of core AWS services, uses, and basic AWS architecture best practices.
- Demonstrate proficiency in developing, deploying, and debugging cloud-based applications using AWS
- In-depth knowledge of at least one high-level programming language
- Understanding of core AWS services, uses, and basic AWS architecture best practices
- Proficiency in developing, deploying, and debugging cloud-based applications using AWS
- Ability to use the AWS service APIs, AWS CLI, and SDKs to write applications
- Ability to identify key features of AWS services
- Understanding of the AWS shared responsibility model
- Understanding of application lifecycle management
- Ability to use a CI/CD pipeline to deploy applications on AWS
- Ability to use or interact with AWS services
- Ability to apply a basic understanding of cloud-native applications to write code
- Ability to write code using AWS security best practices (e.g., not using secret and access keys in the code, instead using IAM roles)
- Ability to author, maintain, and debug code modules on AWS
- Proficiency writing code for serverless applications
- Understanding of the use of containers in the development process
The best preparation for certification exams is practical experience. We recommend one or more years of hands-on experience using AWS.