Résumé du cours
The Dell EMC PowerSwitch Data Center Implementation and Administration course is part of the certification training path leading to Dell EMC Certified Specialist, Networking. This course is On Demand with hands-on activities.
The content of this course is designed to support the course objectives.
- Data Center Networking Overview
- Basic Switch Configuration
- Virtual LANs
- Link Aggregation Groups
- Spanning Tree Protocols and Discovery Protocols
- Border Gateway Protocol
- Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol
- Basic Routing
- Open Shortest Path First - OSPF
- Virtual Link Trunking
- Uplink Failure Detection
- Policy-Based Routing
- Virtual Routing and Forwarding
A qui s'adresse cette formation
This course is intended for professionals those who configure, manage, and troubleshoot Dell EMC Data Center Networking products.
The pre-requisite for this course is that, the student must have completed the Associate course-Dell EMC PowerSwitch Concepts and Features.
Upon successful completion of this course, participants should be able to:
- Describe networking technologies and data flows found in the data center environment.
- Perform basic switch setup tasks.
- Describe, configure, and troubleshoot VLANs.
- Explain the importance of Spanning Tree Protocol (STP), and then configure, verify, and troubleshoot the feature.
- Describe static and dynamic Link Aggregation Groups (LAG). Configure and troubleshoot port channel configuration issues.
- Configure discovery protocols and interpret Link Layer Discovery Protocol (LLDP) output.
- Demonstrate familiarity with IP subnetting and configure static routes.
- Explain, Configure, and validate Open Shortest Path First (OSPF) routing.
- Explain, configure, and validate Border Gateway Protocol (BGP) and Equal-cost multi-path routing (ECMP).
- Describe, configure, and validate Virtual Link Trunking (VLT).
- Configure and validate Virtual Router Redundancy Protocol (VRRP) and list use cases.
- Configure uplink failure detection and explain what it is used for.
- Implement Policy based routing (PBR).
- Configure and validate Virtual Routing and Forwarding (VRF).
- Describe and configure security features including Access Control List (ACL), Port Security, and Authentication, Authorization, and Accounting (AAA).
- Explain the need for Quality of Service (QoS) and configure for a data center environment.
- Configure a switch to function as a Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) server or relay agent.
- Differentiate between Internet Group Management Protocol (IGMP) and Protocol-Independent Multicast PIM and configure into an existing multicast environment.