This course introduces you to the fundamentals and advanced practices applicable to the installation and management of Google Cloud's Apigee API Platform for private cloud.
A qui s'adresse cette formation
Cloud Architect, Cloud Engineer and Operation Specialists.
- Familiarity with Linux command and command line interface.
- Basic understanding of networking.
- Basic understanding of shell script, XML, JSON, HTTP, REST, and TLS.
- Identify the purpose and value of the Apigee API Platform.
- Gain a detailed understanding of the Apigee API Platform architecture and recommended practices for topology design.
- Gain a detailed understanding of the Apigee terminology and logical organizational structures.
- Interact with the Apigee API Platform and solve scenarios by leveraging recommended practices.
- Understand capabilities and practices to secure, manage and scale the platform.
- Understand and put in practice installation and upgrade processes.
Outline: Installing and Managing Google Cloud's Apigee API Platform for Private Cloud (IMAPIPC)
The course includes presentations, demonstrations, and hands-on labs.
Module 1: Architecture
- Familiarize with Apigee product capabilities and its place in the enterprise architecture.
- Gain understanding of Apigee technology stack.
- Gain basic understanding to Apache Cassandra capabilities and how they are leveraged by Apigee platform.
- Gain detail understanding of Apigee terminology and organizational structure.
- Explore topology design options.
Module 2: Installation
- Discuss installation planning.
- Understand installation dependencies.
- Gain detail understanding of and practice installation process.
- Discuss post installation tasks and recurrent activities recommended for the platform.
- Discuss uninstall process, how it works and when to use it.
Module 3: Developer Portal Installation
- Discuss the role of Apigee Developer Portal.
- Discuss recommended practices for hosting.
- Discuss software distribution and installation process.
Module 4: Management
- Discuss platform operations capabilities and recommended practices.
- Discuss the role of Management API and how it is leveraged by platform and users of it.
- Gain understanding of API deployment process.
- Gain understanding of Apigee analytics.
- Discuss infrastructure operations capabilities and recommended practices.
Module 5: Security
- Discuss Apigee capabilities to secure API traffic.
- Understand how to configure TLS critical path components and user facing interfaces.
Module 6: Upgrade
- Discuss upgrade planning recommended practices.
- Discuss upgrade prerequisites and how to validate them.
- Discuss and practice upgrade process.
- Discuss rollback scenarios and rollback process.
Module 7: Capacity Planning and Scaling
- Understand scenarios and recommended practices for capacity planning.
- Understand how to scale up/down physical and logical capacity.
- Understand how to add individual components, extend clusters and add new regions.
Module 8: Monitoring
- Discuss recommended practices for monitoring.
- Understand how to monitor individual components.
- Discuss the role of synthetic transactions monitoring.
- Discuss recommended practices for API monitoring.
Module 9: Troubleshooting
- Discuss failure scenarios and troubleshooting practices.
- Understand Apigee support model.