In this course, you will learn how to deploy, configure, and troubleshoot secure wireless LAN using an integrated wireless solution. Using interactive labs, you will enforce your knowledge of deploying a secure wireless LAN centrally managed from the FortiGate wireless controller.
Certification- This exam is part of the FCP Network Security certification track.
Who should attend
This course is intended for networking and security professionals involved in the management, configuration, administration, and monitoring of the Fortinet integrated and/or cloud wireless solution.
- Understanding of basic wireless networks
- Review the supplementary Wireless Network Fundamentals lesson
- Understanding of the topics covered in the following courses:
- FCP - FortiGate Security
- FCP - FortiGate Infrastructure
- Understanding of the topics covered in the NSE 6 FortiAuthenticator course is also recommended.
After completing this course, you will be able to:
- Explore FortiPresence, FortiPlanner, and FortiAP Cloud
- Deploy a wireless network using the FortiGate integrated wireless controller
- Learn about different SSIDs traffic modes
- Deploy multiple wireless SSIDs
- Offer secure wireless access with 802.1x authentication
- Deploy wireless networks with VLANs
- Thwart hotspot hackers and rogue APs
- Understand fast roaming and wireless client load balancing
- Troubleshoot signal loss, slow connection, and authentication issues
Outline: Secure Wireless LAN (FORTIAP)
- Introduction to FortiOS Integrated Wireless
- Wireless Controller
- Access Point Profile
- Advanced Configuration