If you’re wondering how cloud can transform your business then this course is for you. Aimed at business leaders new to cloud, this course provides insight into Google's approach to digital transformation, and how to embrace cloud in your business.
This training is designed to give you foundational knowledge about cloud technology, data, and Google Cloud products that enable digital transformation. Empowering you and your team(s) to contribute to cloud-related business initiatives in your organization.
Who should attend
- Traditional enterprise business decision makers
- Suitable for all management levels leading Product, Projects, Programs, Operations, Line of Business, Finance, People Management, Sales, Marketing, and Client Management interested in how Google Cloud can support their business transformation
- Participants should be reasonably new to cloud technology
- Knowledgeable about their own business products / services and industry
- No prior technical knowledge is required
- Recall fundamental cloud terminology
- Identify Google Cloud products and solutions that support digital transformation
- Explain how cloud technology and data can be leveraged to innovate within organizations
- Explain infrastructure and application modernization with Google Cloud
- Describe contributing factors to the success of cloud operations and security
Outline: Cloud Digital Leader (CDL)
Module 01: Introduction to Digital Transformation with Google Cloud
- Why cloud technology is revolutionizing business
- Digital transformation with Google Cloud
- Scale the innovation mindset
- Define fundamental terms such as data, cloud technology, and digital transformation.
- Use customer use cases to demonstrate how cloud technology is transforming businesses.
- Recognize the Google Cloud solution areas and use cases for each.
- Describe key principles that help to scale an innovation mindset across an organization.
Module 02: Innovating with Data and Google Cloud
- The value of data
- Data consolidation and analytics
- Innovation with machine learning
- Describe the role of data in digital transformation and the importance of a data-driven culture.
- Identify common Google Cloud solutions for data management
- Identify common Google Cloud solutions for smart analytics
- Identify Google Cloud’s solutions for Machine Learning and AI
Module 03: Infrastructure and Application Modernization with Google Cloud
- Modernizing IT infrastructure with Google Cloud
- Modernizing applications with Google Cloud
- The value of APIs
- Describe the key benefits of infrastructure and application modernization with reference to cloud technology.
- Differentiate between virtual machines, containers, and serverless computing.
- Explain the Google Cloud solutions that help businesses to better manage their systems, such as App Engine and Google Kubernetes Engine.
- Explain how Google Cloud solutions support app modernization and simplify API management.
Module 04:Understanding Google Cloud Security and Operations
- Financial governance in the cloud
- Security in the cloud
- Monitoring cloud IT services and operations
- Describe financial governance in the cloud and Google Cloud's recommended best practices for effective cloud cost management.
- Define a shared responsibility model for optimal cloud security.
- Explain how IT teams and business leaders can use principles from DevOps and SRE to increase cloud operational efficiency.
- Identify Google Cloud solutions for cloud resource monitoring and application performance management.