An RHCE is capable of:
- Configuring static routes, packet filtering, and network address translation.
- Setting kernel runtime parameters.
- Configuring an Internet Small Computer System Interface (iSCSI) initiator.
- Producing and delivering reports on system utilization.
- Using shell scripting to automate system maintenance tasks.
- Configuring system logging, including remote logging.
- Configuring a system to provide networking services, including HTTP/HTTPS, File Transfer Protocol (FTP), network file system (NFS), server message block (SMB), Simple Mail Transfer Protocol (SMTP), secure shell (SSH) and Network Time Protocol (NTP).
- RHCSAs who wish to earn a more senior-level credential.
- Experienced senior system administrators who have not yet certified.
- Course participants in Red Hat Training who have completed System Administration I, II, and II, or who have completed the RHCE Rapid Track Course.
- Experienced system administrators who require certification for their job or by mandate (e.g., US Department of Defense Directive 8570).
Recommended training for this certification
- RHCSA Rapid Track Course