This course covers fundamental AWS cloud security concepts, including AWS access control, data encryption methods, and how network access to your AWS infrastructure can be secured. We will address your security responsibilities in the AWS cloud and provide a brief introduction to the different security-oriented AWS services available.
Who should attend
This course is intended for:
- IT business-level professionals interested in cloud security practices
- Security professionals with minimal working knowledge of AWS
This course is part of the following Certifications:
This course is designed to teach you how to:
- Identify security benefits and responsibilities of using the AWS Cloud.
- Describe the access control and management features of AWS.
- Understand the different methods to secure data.
- Describe how to secure network access to your AWS resources.
- Determine which AWS services can be used for monitoring and incident response.
Outline: AWS Security Essentials (SEC-ESS)
Module 1: Security on AWS
- Security design principles in the AWS Cloud
- AWS Shared Responsibility Model
Module 2: Security OF the Cloud
- AWS Global Infrastructure
- Data Center Security
- Compliance and Governance
Module 3: Security IN the Cloud – Part 1
- Identity and Access Management
- Data Protection
- Lab 01 – Introduction to Security Policies
Module 4: Security IN the Cloud – Part 2
- Securing your infrastructure
- Monitoring and detective controls
- Lab 02 – Securing VPC Resources with Security Groups
Module 5: Security IN the Cloud – Part 3
- DDoS mitigation
- Incident response essentials
- Lab 03 – Automating Incident Response with AWS Config and AWS Lambda
Module 6: Course Wrap Up
- AWS Well-Architected tool overview