This course uses lectures and labs to give you an overview of Google Cloud products and services. You learn about the value of Google Cloud and how to incorporate cloud-based solutions into your business strategies.
Who should attend
- Individuals planning to deploy applications and create application environments on Google Cloud
- Developers, systems operations professionals, and solution architects getting started with Google Cloud
- Executives and business decision makers evaluating the potential of Google Cloud to address their business needs
This course is part of the following Certifications:
Familiarity with application development, systems operations, Linux operating systems, and data analytics or machine learning is helpful in understanding the technologies covered.
- Identify the purpose and value of Google Cloud products and services.
- Define how infrastructure is organized and controlled in Google Cloud.
- Explain how to create basic infrastructure in Google Cloud.
- Select and use Google Cloud storage options.
- Describe the purpose and value of Google Kubernetes Engine.
- Identify the use cases for serverless Google Cloud services.
Outline: Google Cloud Fundamentals: Core Infrastructure (GCF-CI)
Module 01: Introducing Google Cloud
- Cloud computing overview
- IaaS and PaaS
- The Google Cloud network
- Environmental impact
- Open source ecosystems
- Pricing and billing
- Identify the benefits of Google Cloud.
- Define the components of Google network infrastructure, including points of presence, data centers, regions, and zones.
- Identify the difference between infrastructure as a service (IaaS) and platform as a service (PaaS).
Module 02: Resources and Access in the Cloud
- Google Cloud resource hierarchy
- IAM roles
- Service accounts
- Cloud Identity
- Interacting with Google Cloud
- Identify the purpose of projects on Google Cloud.
- Define the purpose of and use cases for IAM.
- List the methods of interaction with Google Cloud.
- Use Cloud Marketplace to interact with Google Cloud.
Module 03: Virtual Machines and Networks in the Cloud
- Virtual Private Cloud networking
- Compute Engine
- Scaling virtual machines
- Important VPC compatibilities
- Cloud Load Balancing
- Cloud DNS and Cloud CDN
- Connecting networks to Google VPC
- Explore the basics of networking in Google Cloud.
- Identify the purpose of and use cases for Compute Engine.
- Outline how Google Compute Engine can scale
- Detail important VPC compatibilities including routing tables, firewalls and VPC peering.
- Explore how Cloud Load Balancing functions in Google Cloud.
- Deploy a basic infrastructure to Google Cloud.
Module 04: Storage in the Cloud
- Cloud Storage
- Cloud SQL
- Cloud Spanner
- Cloud Bigtable
- Comparing storage options
- Identify the purpose of and use cases for Cloud Storage.
- Distinguish between Google Cloud's storage options.
- Distinguish between Google Cloud's Database Storage classes.
- Deploy an application that uses Cloud SQL and Cloud Storage.
Module 05: Containers in the Cloud
- Introduction to containers
- Google Kubernetes Engine
- Define the concept of a container and identify uses for containers.
- Identify the purpose of and use cases for Kubernetes and Google Kubernetes Engine.
Module 06: Applications in the Cloud
- Cloud Run
- Cloud Function
- Identify the purpose and use cases for Cloud Run.
- Describe how Cloud Functions can support application development on Google Cloud.
- Deploy a containerized application on Cloud Run.
Module 07: Course Summary
Topics: The course summary recaps the major concepts learners were introduced to during the course.
Objectives: Recap the content covered in each section of the course.