Developing APIs with Google Cloud's Apigee API platform (T-APIENG-B)
This course introduces you to the fundamentals of API Design and the out-of-the-box capabilities offered by Google Cloud's Apigee API Platform. Through a combination of lectures, hands-on labs, and supplemental materials, you will learn how to design, build, secure, deploy, and manage API solutions using Google Cloud's Apigee API Platform.
Who should attend
Developers, architects, or engineers responsible for the solutioning, design, implementation, or management of APIs, API products, or digital products that leverage APIs.
- Identify the purpose and value of Google Cloud's Apigee API Platform.
- Develop a good understanding of Google Cloud's Apigee API Platform terminology and organizational model.
- Interact with Google Cloud's Apigee API Platform.
- Solve scenarios by leveraging APIs, recommended practices, and an API-first strategy.
- Understand and put in practice the API lifecycle.
- Identify capabilities available to secure, scale, and manage APIs and API products.
Outline: Developing APIs with Google Cloud's Apigee API platform (T-APIENG-B)
Module 01: Apigee Overview
- Understand the placement and role of API management in modern application development.
- Define Apigee API Platform logical components and organizational structure.
- Differentiate between Apigee flexible deployment models.
- Explain API lifecycle.
Module 02: API First and OpenAPI Specifications
- Describe REST API design.
- Understand the value of API-First development and how to apply it.
- Discuss OpenAPI specification and its use in the context of API-First development.
Module 03: API Proxies
- Define the building blocks of APIs and API proxies.
- Describe how APIs proxies work and how capabilities such as flows, policies, route rules, virtual hosts and target servers play a role.
- Understand how APIs are exposed.
- Understand how API proxies connect to backend systems.
Module 04: API Products
- Define API products and the value behind API product strategy.
- Understand the role of developers, applications, and API keys in API management.
- Describe the API publication process.
- Understand API responses and status codes for REST APIs.
Module 05: Authentication, Authorization, and OAuth
- Discuss the importance of API Security.
- Understand the value of application identity.
- Understand the role of user authentication and authorization.
- Gain deep understanding of OAuth (Access token, Refresh token, Common pattern for all grant types) and its application in the context of API design and management.
- Discuss federated identity and the use of JSON Web Tokens in your API proxies.
Module 06: Content, Transport, and Internal Security
- Explore platform capabilities for protecting against content-based attacks and transport security.
- Understand how to protect sensitive data using encrypted KVMs, data masking, private variables.
Module 07: Mediation
- Understand the out-of-the-box platform capabilities for implementing mediation and fault handling.
- Describe implementation patterns and policies for JSON, XML, and SOAP.
- Explore development practices and capabilities used to reuse, share, and enforce execution of flows and policies.
- Illustrate out-of-the-box options to invoke Google Cloud services and third-party components using extensions.
Module 08: Traffic Management
- Describe when and how to use traffic management.
- Evaluate options and applicable use cases for rate limiting with spike arrests and quotas.
- Understand caching strategy and how to apply it.
Module 09: API Publishing
- Describe API publishing strategy and process.
- Expand understanding of REST API design by discussing API versioning.
- Describe the role of developer portals in the API lifecycle and as a critical part of API strategy.
Module 10: Logging and Analytics
- Discuss available options for message logging.
- Understand the value and use of API analytics.
- Differentiate between message logging and API analytics.
- Understand the extensibility options available for API analytics using custom metrics and dimensions.
Module 11: Advanced Topics
- Discuss recommended practices and tooling for Apigee offline development.
- Describe the capabilities offered by management API.
- Evaluate options to leverage CI/CD as part of API lifecycle.
- Explore Apigee Deployment Options.
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course. For enquiries please write to email@example.com.
|This is a FLEX course.||Zagreb Course language: English|
|Online Training Time zone: Europe/Zagreb|
|Online Training Time zone: Europe/Rome|
|Online Training Time zone: Europe/Riga Course language: English|
|Online Training Time zone: Europe/Belgrade Course language: English|