Microsoft Access for Office 365: Part 3 (91146)
In previous courses of this series, the topics covered many of the basic functions of Microsoft Access, and now students are ready to learn advanced Access features such as database management, advanced form design, packaging a database, encrypting a database, preparing a database for multiple user access, and more. Knowledge of these features separate database professionals from the casual database users or occasional designers. This course focuses on managing the database and supporting complex database designs, including import and export of data; using action queries to manage data; creating complex forms and reports; macros and Visual Basic for Applications (VBA); and tools and strategies to manage, distribute, and secure a database. This course covers Microsoft Office Specialist Program exam objectives to help you prepare for the Access Expert (Office 365 and Office 2019): Exam MO-500 certification.
Who should attend
Students taking this course are database administrators or prospective database administrators who have experience working with Microsoft Access for Office 365 and need to learn advanced skills.
To ensure success in this course, students should have experience working with Access for Office 365, including a working knowledge of database design and creation, form design and creation, report design and creation, and a working knowledge of database querying and the various table relationships.
In this course, students will manage an Access database and add complex database features to improve its usability, efficiency, performance, and security. After completing this course, students will be able to:
- Share data across applications.
- Use action, unmatched, and duplicate queries to manage data.
- Create complex reports and forms.
- Use macros to improve user interface design.
- Use VBA to extend database capabilities.
- Perform database management tasks such as backup, compacting, repairing, performance analysis, checking object dependencies, and documenting.
- Implement security strategies and distribute a database to multiple users.
Outline: Microsoft Access for Office 365: Part 3 (91146)
Module 1: Importing and Exporting Table Data
- Import and Link Data
- Export Data
- Create a Mail Merge
Module 2: Using Queries to Manage Data
- Create Action Queries
- Create Unmatched and Duplicate Queries
Module 3: Creating Complex Reports and Forms
- Create Subreports
- Create a Navigation Form
- Show Details in Subforms and Popup Forms
Module 4: Creating Access Macros
- Create a Standalone Macro to Automate Repetitive Tasks
- Create a Macro to Program a User Interface Component
- Filter Records by Using a Condition
- Create a Data Macro
Module 5: Using VBA to Extend Database Capabilities
- Introduction to VBA
- Use VBA with Form Controls
Module 6: Managing a Database
- Back Up a Database
- Manage Performance Issues
- Document a Database
Module 7: Distributing and Securing a Database
- Split a Database for Multiple-User Access
- Implement Security
- Convert an Access Database to an ACCDE File
- Package a Database with a Digital Signature
Appendix A: Mapping Course Content to Access Expert (Office 365 and Office 2019): Exam MO-500
Appendix B: Microsoft Access for Office 365 Common Keyboard Shortcuts
Appendix C: More Queries and Calculations
Appendix D: Common SQL Commands
Currently there are no training dates scheduled for this course.